>In this article we review the Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal detector. this is a true under water Metal Treasure detector. everything is waterproof even the headphones. it is perfect for wading in the Surf, Snorkling, scuba diving or going where other metal detectors can't like in the mud, muck and Salt Water!!
You can click on this link to read our review of Sand Scoops for metal detecting in the sand or underwater.
Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector Summary- Finally Garrett has a totally waterproof Gold and Metal detector. great for wading OR SCUBA in the surf and looking for treasure. some of the features we really liked included:
- Waterproof to 200 feet.
- Salt Elimination Mode (PI) obviously great for ease of use for underwater at the ocean
- Control Box can be hip monuted or left on the Detector in the traditional fashion.
- Submersible Headphones – Included (yeah, buying them separate would set you back a bit)
Do click on the Fisher 1280x review link above as these 2 detectors really compete head on and are closely matched.
Garretts entry in the underwater Metal Treasure Detector category competes directly against the Fisher 1280x aquanaut in features and price. I have always liked the Garretts electronics. Their ability to descriminate between trash and treasure right out of the box, depthat which they detect and overall value for the money. I am sure that A die hard Fisher fan will tell you the same thing so this one is to close for me to call.
I do not do underwater detecting so I have not field tested either but I can tell you that I have attempted wading and detecting with detectors that claim they can be used in the water without submersing the entire unot and that just sucked. First off the coild tend to float, even if they claim to be "neutrally bouyant they are still difficult to move around underwater, and if the shaft of the detector is not rigid enough then it will bow as you move the detector back and forth under water, especially in the current of waves or tides.
And I Have seen guys try to water proof cheap detectors and that doesn't work well either. if you want to detect in the water (and that is undeniably where you will find more jewlry and coins as less people metal detect their and more people loose jelry there) then pick one of these 2 great Metal detectors and get out there.
Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector Main Features:
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II is an= True All Underwater metal detector good to 200 feet below the surface.
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II has a ngreat Metal Deepseeking Mode feature that increase the depth of the search.
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II features a Salt elimination Mode which is great for the ocean.
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II also has Discrimination: Full Range (PI), Audio Threshold, Adjustable,Surface Mount PC Board Technology
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II includes fully Submersible Headphones. both need and included for underwater detecting
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II has a dual mountable control box that can stay in the traditional on the shaft mode ofr can be changed to a belt mount for light weight detecting for long periods of time without arm Fatigue.
Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector Specifications:
* Length: 28" to 52" – Adjustable
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector is heavier then most land detectors (re-read what I said about the need for the strong shaft above. THat and the overall more rigorous requirments for deep underwater waterproofing) = Weight: 5.7 lbs. (2.6 kgs.)
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector utilizes advanced Multiple Frequency Technology
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector has an Operating Depth to 200 feet
* The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector has an Independently sealed battery compartment
* and the Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector has a Choice of four housing mount configurations
Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector Search Modes:
As with many Garrett Detectors, you get the option of which type of search mode to be in:
- A non Motion All Metal
- The more Standard PI Discrimination Mode
- And the Discrete PI Discriminate Mode
Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector Warranty:
* 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
The Garrett Sea Hunter mark II metal detector replaces the Garrett Sea Hunter XL500, XL200 and the XS500 metal detectors.
You can click on the Amazon.com button below and buy with confidence or read customer reviews and compare prices thru several of there vendors!
List Price:$749.95Current Sale Price:$637.45You Save:$112.50 (15%)OK, Garrett Sea Hunter mark II Waterproof Metal Detector Review!
- Garrett Ace 150 Metal Detector Review
- NEW Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector Review!
- The Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector Review
- Garrett AT Pro Review
- Garrett GTP 1350 Metal Detector Review
Metal Detector Boy .com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.